Thursday, January 15, 2009

Things that make you go hmmmmm....

Well last night I was sitting here on the computer as I do when the kiddos go to bed. Well, one kiddo wasnt in bed, Averie came and sat next to me and said mom I am not tired. She is usually the one who could basically go on E when it comes to sleep. So I said she could come and sit next to me and watch me for a little bit, if she promised to go to bed in 15. Well it was silent for the first 3 minuites, but then I knew the thinking was in process. So then the questions began. First question - mom where do babys come out at. Mom - "the hospital." Averie - well...when I came out where did I come out at? Mom - the hospital. Dad overhearing us said "Tine - you know what she means!!!" So I was about to explain the question that I havent wanted to get, and all of the sudden the question changed. Averie - "Mom, how was I made?" _ Mom - "God made you" - knowing that that question could have been addressed in another way - I decided to take the smart way, since I am not ready yet to answer the question any other way just quite yet. Averie - Well how did God make me? Mom - He formed you in His image, to be like him." Averie - "so, I look like God?" Mom - No, but God formed you in His own way so that you can live for Him. Mom - God formed you in His own special way to be like Him, but be your special unique Averie that you are, so that means you must live for God by Loving God and OBEYING your parents and teachers, and loving everyone around you no matter what they do to you - YES and that means your sister. Averie - "Well, why?????" Mom - Honey - its time to go to bed, unless dad wants to chip in here and help mom out.
Needless to say - I am not good at getting all kinds of questions but I like to answer them as best as I can even though I am not ready or willing to answer any questions that come my way about baby making yet. I just stick with the God made you with every little bit of specialness that He wanted you to have. Thats my answer and I am sticking with it.

No comments: